- Chicken 280 gr
- Adequate water
- Short type of pasta (can be rotini, macaroni, or manicotti) 500 gr
- Olive oil 2 or 3 drops
- Adequate salt
- Any vegetables (onion, pumpkin, paprika, broccoli, corn, ext.)
- Adequate vegetable oil
- Tomato sauce
- All purpose flour 3 spoons
- Milk +-300 gr (it may vary, depend on the amount of the chicken broth. The milk is a little bit more than the chicken broth)
- Butter 1 spoon
- Cornstarch 2 tsp
- Shredded cheese or mozzarella
Stage 1: Making the red sauce
- Boil chicken with the water. The chicken must sink under the water level. Boil it until tender (around 20 - 40 minutes).
- Boil the pasta with a little salt and 2 or 3 drops of olive oil (to avoid the pasta stick each other) for 8 minutes.
- Cut all the vegetables in cube.
- Fry the red sauce (tomato sauce and all vegetables) in a small fire and add some broth (the water from the boiled chicken). Add salt and taste it when it boiled.
- Drain the pasta and add it into the red sauce little by little and keep stir it until all blend.
- Melt the butter on the small fire, add the flour, stir until the color is a little bit pink then add milk and salt.
- Add the chicken broth and keep stir.
- Dissolve the cornstarch+water in a cup then pour it into the white sauce.
- Taste it. Add salt if you think it is not enough. Add more cornstarch if the sauce is still too watery.
Stage 3 :
- Pre-heat the oven 190 degrees Celcius around 15 minutes
- Seal the tray with butter and pour the pasta+red sauce into it. Then, flatten the surface
- Add the white sauce on the pasta+red sauce
- Bake it until the surface a little bit hard, take from the oven and add the cheese on it and bake it again
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until the color turn to gold brown
- Cut it and enjoy it ^_^
- The amount of every ingredient is might vary, depend on your preference.
- Taste it in every step.